Special Issue Topic
The topics considered for this special issue of Journal of Integrated Design and Process Science include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Foundational issues of cognitive engineering of cyber-physical-social-human systems
- Cognitive and computational fundamentals of cyber-physical-social-human systems
- Principles, methods, and mechanisms for intellectualization, socialization, and personalization of cyberphysical systems
- Embedded human knowledge and system-generated synthetic knowledge in cyber-physical-socialhuman systems
- New developments in the extension of the digital twin concepts and implementations towards feedback functionalities
- Processing beginning-of-life, middle-of-life, and end-of-life data related to autonomous cyber-physicalsocial-human systems
- Processing analogue and digital hardware, control and application software, data and knowledge cyberware related information in unified frameworks
- Transferring synthetic knowledge among dissimilar smart cyber-physical-social-human systems
- State of the art reviews, future visions, research strategies, and implementation opportunities
- 31 January 2024: Indication of interest and submission of title and abstract
- 30 April 2024: Submission of the full-length draft manuscript for peer review
- 31 May 2024: First review cycle completed
- 31 July 2024: Submission of the revised draft manuscript for peer review
- 31 August 2024: Second review cycle completed
- 30 September 2024: Submission of the final manuscript for publication
- 31 October 2024: Special Issue published
About the Journal
The Journal of Integrated Design and Process Science (JIDPS) is the official journal of the Society for Design and Process Science (SDPS). This journal publishes research findings covering transdisciplinary notions of design and process with a focus on issues that deal with 1) understanding of design and process crossing boundaries of natural, human, and built environments, 2) principles, methods, and tools, and 3) applications of design and process science to engineering, healthcare and social problems. The journal serves to promote research of transdisciplinary design and process science from different disciplines such as mathematics, computer science, economics, engineering, management science, natural sciences, and social sciences, and health science.
The journal is an archival peer-reviewed technical journal publishing the following papers: 1) research papers, 2) reports on case studies, 3) reports on major design and process projects, 4) design and process standards and proposals, 5) literature review, and 6) discussion and position papers that discuss the works published in the journal or present retrospections on critical and strategic issues in the transdisciplinary design and process science.
Manuscript submission information
- Journal of Integrated Design and Process Science is an international peer-reviewed dual model (subscription and open access based) quarterly journal published by IOS Press.
- All submissions are supposed to address significant research, development, and application topics, and to provide rigorously scrutinized and scientifically novel contributions.
- Survey, research, application and vision articles, as well as short communications which delivers sufficient theoretical and/or practical novelty and high quality, are equally welcome.
- Abstracts should be sent to the technical manager of the journal using firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com for approval, and the full manuscripts should be submitted online using the journal’s submission management system, preferable before the deadlines given below.
- Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers).
- All submissions will be anonymously peer reviewed by at least three reviewers. The selection for publication will be made based on the reviewers’ recommendation and the importance of the contribution.
- Authors of all papers are requested to make a statement if they used any constructive and generative artificial intelligence means and support in the entire content development process of the paper, and if they respected all related regulations of the publisher.
- The papers submitted to the journal will be published continuously (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. JIDPS pledges to process the submitted papers in the shortest possible review and publication cycle.
- For planned and in-process papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) are to be sent to the Editorial Office, referring to the title of this Special Issue, for announcement on the journal’s website.
- A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts are available on the Instructions for Authors page. Submitted papers should be well structured and formatted, and should use proper English.
- Queries and information about submissions for this Special Issue should be addressed to the co-guest editors, and not to the editor-in-chief.
- The Article Processing Charge (APC) for open access publication will be according to the various open access schemes offered by the Publisher of the Journal.
Submission deadline for title and abstract: January 31, 2024