We collaborate with librarians to support the dissemination of content published in our books and journals. Tools and information are supplied to enable that partnership and resources shared to facilitate reaching researchers, instructors, practitioners, and students.
INFORMATION FOR LIBRARIANS
Serving the information needs of scientific and biomedical communities worldwide since 1987, the IOS Press portfolio of international peer-reviewed journals and books covers a broad range of subject categories, primarily specializing in health and life sciences (including neurosciences, medical informatics, cancer research, and rehabilitation) and computer sciences (including artificial intelligence, data science, and semantic web).
IOS Press is an international scientific, technical, medical (STM) publishing house headquartered in Amsterdam with satellite offices in the USA and China.
The best way to hear about the latest news – updates on titles being released, new institutional deals available, or conferences we are attending where you can meet us in person – is to make sure you are registered to receive our news to your inbox. You can do this by clicking the link below!
You might also like to check out the IOS Press Labs website that includes interesting posts relating to the scholarly publishing industry, including the article "Best Practices to Meet the Needs of the Scholarly Library Community" by our North American sales consultant Michael L. Gruenberg.
Forthcoming Librarian Events
We offer our institutional customers a range of options and services:
- Access to more than 120,000 articles…and growing
- Traditional subscription model, gold, green, and platinum open access, Subscribe-to-Open (S2O), and author-choice open access (hybrid model)
- Flexible multisite, global and consortia licensing agreements available.
- Backfiles available with current subscription
- Transformative agreements (see here)
- Individual article purchase
- Tables of contents and abstracts viewable at no charge
- COUNTER-compliant for generating usage statistics
- Indexed and abstracted in the major services including Web of Science, Scopus, PubMed, and PubMed Central
- Perpetual access guaranteed through an archiving agreement with CLOCKSS
IOS Press Content Library
Digital full text of all journals is available in the IOS Press Content Library where you can search or browse by keywords, journal titles, authors, subject categories, and more.
Featured New Journals
Journal of Smart Cities and Society
Launched in 2022, covering technological infrastructure for smart cities, its inaugural issue has been well received.
IOS Press Ebooks provides digital full text of all book series, reference works, conference proceedings and monographs. Benefits of our ebook program for libraries include:
- Flexibility: Purchase a collection, series, book titles or individual chapters – Subscribe or pick and choose, many titles available open access
- No DRM
- Metadata: MARC records and COUNTER-compliant usage statistics
- Sustainability: Perpetual access, DOIs
- Also available in print
IOS Press Ebooks
Digital full text of all IOS Press books where you can search or browse by keywords, titles, authors, or browse collections and subject areas, find pricing, and open access books.
CUSTOMER SERVICE & SALES CONTACTS
Nieuwe Hemweg 6B
1013 BG Amsterdam
Tel: +31 20 688 3355
Fax: +31 20 687 0019
|IOS Press, Inc.
6751 Tepper Drive
Clifton, VA 20124
Tel: +1 703 830 6300
Fax: +1 703 830 2300
|North American Sales Consultant
Tel: +1 516 965 8454
Fax: +1 941 303 5546