Open Access: Institutional Agreements
Open Access: Agreement with the Italian National Research Council (2021)
Italian research published open access at discount to authors
IOS Press entered into an agreement with the Italian Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR) to support open access publishing in its journals for research articles from Italian CNR institutions.
Corresponding authors affiliated with the licensed Italian CNR institutions listed below will be eligible to publish in all IOS Press open access journals and hybrid journals at just over a 30% discount of the Article Processing Charge (APC) (the discounted total per article is €1000). Articles will be published as open access (under a CC BY license). This agreement for authors at 288 eligible Italian CNR institutions commenced at the start of 2021 and will run until the end of 2021, as indicated below. Under the agreement, the affiliated institutions are granted access to the IOS Press journals.
Which universities or institutes (and eligible affiliated associations) and which IOS Press journals are covered by the Read and Publish agreement?
- The institutions covered in this agreement (Jan 1, 2021–Dec 31, 2021) are listed here (PDF).
- The journals covered by this agreement include the entire current catalog of IOS Press journals (as at the start of the agreement). A full list can be found here (PDF).
How does it work?
- If you are a corresponding author based in Italy, first check if your email address associated with your submission ends in “cnr.it” and whether you are affiliated with an eligible institution, as listed here (PDF).
- Next ask yourself: If my paper is accepted for publication, do I wish to publish it open access (CC BY license) with an APC of €1000 (usual cost €1450)? If yes, please get in touch with us via the following steps.
- Only on acceptance of the final manuscript should the corresponding author send an email to: email@example.com.
- Please state the article reference number of your submission, the eligible institution you are affiliated with, and include “Italian CNR Agreement” In the subject line of this email.
- Once IOS Press has verified the affiliation, you will then be instructed how to pay the discounted APC fee.
- When payment has been made, the article will be published as open access (under a CC BY license). See Note #1 below.
1. If the author needs to purchase extras, such as color figures, print issues and/or PDFs, these are not covered in the agreement. A fee form will need to be filled out. In such a case:
- under "Article Publication Fee", select: "This is an additional order"
- under "Open Access" select: "An open access option has already been agreed upon"
The corresponding author is defined as:
The person who handles the manuscript and correspondence during the publication process – from manuscript correction and proof reading, to handling the revisions and re-submission of revised manuscripts up to the acceptance of the manuscripts. The author has the authority to act on behalf of all co-authors in all matters pertaining to publication of the manuscript including supplementary material. The corresponding author is responsible for obtaining such agreements and for informing the co-authors of the manuscript’s status throughout the submission, review, and publication process. In addition, the corresponding author also acts as the point of contact for any inquiries after the paper is published.
[Page last updated: Jun 24, 2021]